As sure as there are seven days in the week, I can count on the fact that at least one of those days, I'll come home from work feeling totally drained. On these nights, I want nothing more than to plop on the couch with Netflix and takeout. And, I'll be honest, sometimes that is exactly what I do. But most of the time, the thing that saves me from blowing my budget on egg rolls and Kung Pao chicken is the one-pot dinner.
When dinner comes together in a single pot, it means a low-fuss meal that's better for my wallet and probably better for me, too. So, when you just don't feel like cooking, consider these 20 dinners your lifeline. With options like zoodles and meatballs, burrito bowls, and a savory Dutch baby, they're delicious and totally doable.
Meaty One-Pot Mains
Pull out your Dutch oven or trusty cast iron! These meat-filled meals deliver the main course and sides all in the same pot.
- Fried Potatoes and Sausage Skillet
- One-Pot BBQ Chicken Burrito Bowls
- One-Skillet Salsa Pork Chops
- Spicy Ground Pork & Zucchini Stir-Fry
- One-Pot Zoodles and Meatballs
- Easy One-Pot Chicken Teriyaki with Vegetables and Rice
- Broccolini, Chicken Sausage, and Orzo Skillet
Easy Seafood Suppers
These fresh and light dinners featuring shrimp and saucy salmon fillets will prove once and for all that seafood can be easy — even on a weeknight!
- Salsa-Simmered Fish
- One-Pot Shrimp Scampi
- Weeknight Skillet Paella
- Saucy Skillet Salmon
- Spicy Shrimp Skillet with Tomatoes and White Beans
Pasta is often my number-one default when I just don't have it in me to cook. Resist the urge to reach for the jarred sauce, though — these pasta dinners are quick to make and taste so much better.
- One-Pot Tomato Chickpeas and Orzo
- How To Make One-Pot Pasta Primavera
- Lemony Broccoli Pasta
- One-Pot Pasta Puttanesca
- One-Pot Mediterranean Orzo Pasta
Breakfast for Dinner
Breakfast for dinner is another safe bet when you don't feel like cooking. And with just a tiny bit more effort than you'd put into whisking and stirring some scrambled eggs, you can be tucking into a super-satisfying dinner in no time.