Making cookies is a serious business in December. Do you go for a classic holiday cookie like gingerbread men, or try something new and exciting? Do you make a vegan treat for your friends, or go crazy with the chocolate and butter? Decisions need to be made.
Whether you're attending a cookie exchange this year or want to make a small selection for your family, we've got 18 recipes that won't let you down. From classic sugar cookies to chocolate thumbprints to peppermint cream-filled butter cookies, all of these recipes are winners.
Cookies might not be the flashiest of desserts these days, especially in light of the hybrid dessert trend, but they are important. They are humble, but mighty — a holiday classic treat that deserves our respect and admiration.
You can leave your cookies simple and unassuming, or you can choose to dress them up with a little holiday icing. The choice is yours to make.
What are your favorite cookies to make and eat in December?
Classic Holiday Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter & Espresso Truffle Blossoms
- The Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Holiday Snowballs
- How To Make the Best Coconut Macaroons
- How To Make the Best Rugelach Cookies
- Life-Changing Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
- Coconut Snowballs (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free & Vegan!)
- Chewy Almond Spice Cookies (Gluten-Free and Vegan!)
A Little Something Extra
- Lemon-Lime Curd with Rosemary Sables
- Peppermint Cream-Filled Butter Cookies
- Spiced Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Gingerbread Cake Cookies