One-skillet meals are something we turn to often because we know what they promise: a manageable list of ingredients usually full of the foods we often have on hand (eggs, chicken thighs, a can of beans, maybe a few frozen fillets of salmon), a shorter cook time (because longer than an hour on weekdays isn't often possible), and a delicious dish to share at the family table or to save for tomorrow's lunch. From comforting pastas, to fast and fancy fish dinners, to pizza, there are so many possibilities. Here are 17 recipes to prove it.
Pasta (and Gnocchi!) Skillets
Lean on quick-cooking pasta shapes, like orzo and elbow macaroni, and there's no need to boil it separately from the veggies and protein you're tossing it with. Instead, it can all go in one skillet and get cooked up together. Pasta skillet dinners are boundless and this selection gives you a taste of the variety at your fingertips.
- Broccolini, Chicken Sausage, and Orzo Skillet
- Turkey and Greens Skillet Pasta
- Skillet Mac and Cheese
- Southwest Skillet Ragu
- Creamy Skillet Tortellini with Sweet Potato and Spinach
- One-Skillet Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Chicken Parm and Pasta Skillet
- One-Skillet Cheesy Beef and Macaroni
- Gnocchi Skillet with Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes
Chicken, Fish, and Shrimp Skillets
Nestle chicken breasts, fish fillets, or shrimp in a skillet with sauce, beans, rice, vegetables, or a combination and you don't need much else to call it dinner.
- Saucy Skillet Salmon
- Skillet Cod with Lemon and Capers
- Weeknight Skillet Paella
- Spicy Shrimp Skillet with Tomatoes and White Beans
- One-Skillet Chicken with Garlicky Broccoli and Croutons
A Few Other Quick & Easy Skillets
A skillet makes homemade pizza even faster — especially if you start with store-bought dough and sauce. Or get your comfort food fix satisfied with salsa-drenched Mexican chilaquiles or a family sized grilled cheese sandwich.