We're big proponents of making pizza night a regular occurrence in our weekly meal plan. Whether we're going the homemade route or ordering from our favorite spot, it's a meal that we always look forward to, especially when it falls on a Friday night.
But to truly make a pizza pie worthy of dinner, round out that meal with a light and hearty salad. From a lemony green salad with pepitas and radicchio, to a tomato-chickpea salad, you could go week after week trying something new. So before your next pizza night, add one of these fresh options to the meal plan. They're on the easy side, so you'll still feel like it's a night off from the kitchen.
Salads Full of Leafy Greens
These are the bright leafy green salads that balance pizza night with a pop of freshness.
- Lemony Green Salad with Radicchio & Pepitas
- How To Make the Ultimate Classic Caesar Salad
- Spinach Salad with Warm Brown Butter Dressing
- Arugula, Pear & Blue Cheese Salad with Warm Vinaigrette
- Arugula & Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Kale & Quinoa Salad with Dates, Almonds & Citrus Dressing
- Green Salad with Orange, Avocado, and Red Onion
- Crunchy Spring Salad with Dill Dressing
Beyond Your Go-to Greens
Want to keep the leafy stuff while pushing past your regular mix of arugula, spinach, and kale? These are the salads to turn to. Hearty, slightly bitter lettuces like radicchio and chicory also offer a nice balance for the fatty richness of pizza.
- Radicchio Salad with Green Olives & Parmesan
- Weeknight Winter Salad
- Bar Tartine's Chicory Salad with Anchovy Dressing
- Hearts of Palm, Corn, Tomatoes & Watercress Salad
Greens may be the first thing you think of when making salad, but there are plenty of fresh and delicious salads that skip the greens and lettuces all together.