There's often a lot happening on Christmas Day, which makes it really tough for the designated cook to get Christmas dinner ready. More often than not, they have to forgo at least part of the gift-giving, carol-singing, and brisk-walk-in-the-snow-ing that everyone else is merrily enjoying. Unless, of course, they plan carefully and get the bulk of the meal done ahead of time.
Here are 17 recipes to help with that, from beet-pickled deviled egg appetizers to creamy panna cotta for dessert.
- Smoky Mozzarella Pasta and Meatball Bake
- French Onion Soup Casserole
- Slow-Cooked Boeuf Bourguignon
- How To Cook a Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- Nobu's Miso-Marinated Black Cod
- German Slow Cooker Pot Roast (Sauerbraten)
- Sour Cream Balsamic Sweet Potatoes
- How To Make Mashed Potatoes in the Slow Cooker
- Creamy Spinach Bake
- Broccoli Rabe and White Bean Gratin