17 Easy Fall Breakfast Casseroles
One way I know fall is truly here is when I wake up craving anything but my usual bowl of yogurt and fruit. With the arrival of brisk mornings, I find myself dusting off my slippers and wanting something warm to fill my stomach. These 17 savory and sweet breakfast casseroles are exactly that.
What’s better is that almost all of them can be prepared the night before and simply baked in the oven before you’re ready to eat. That means you can stay in bed a little while longer, which is always a plus on cool fall mornings.
Casseroles with Meat
Hearty breakfast casseroles filled with eggs, cheese, and meat are pretty much guaranteed to fuel you through the morning. The bonus for most of these is that they can be made ahead, so all you need to do is toss whichever one you’re making in the oven when you wake up.
- Apple, Sausage, and Smoked Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
- Black Forest Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Greens Breakfast Casserole
- Caramelized Onion, Ham, and Provolone Breakfast Bread Pudding
- Breakfast Polenta Squares with Spinach & Bacon
- Bacon, Potato & Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Croque-Monsieur Casserole
Your breakfast casserole doesn’t have to be meaty in order for it to be satisfying. These meatless morning casseroles rely on a boatload of fall veggies like sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and kale to bring flavor, color, and wholesome goodness to your breakfast plate.
There are mornings when only something sweet will do. Pancakes or waffles can usually do the trick, but these casseroles arguably fit the bill better, as they can be made ahead and feed a hungry crowd.