What are you serving for Easter brunch? Your main dish is probably set — ham, a leg of lamb — but how will you welcome guests and begin the meal? A light bite is welcome before a late brunch, so let's talk hors d'oeuvres.
Today we have 17 easy, spring-fresh appetizers for your weekend table, from two kinds of deviled eggs (what is Easter without deviled eggs?) to make-ahead crostini with pea shoots and strawberries, and from creamy Parmesan dip to Southern pickled shrimp, there's a nibble and a treat for everyone.
Personally I love an easy tartine or crostini — toast piled high with yummy spring goodness like thin-sliced radishes. A big platter of asparagus with hard-boiled eggs is also a lovely treat (asparagus is finger food, right?).
But nothing beats a good dip for make-ahead ease. The beet tahini dip gets the most points for beautiful bright pink color. Serve with cucumbers or fresh snap peas.
Bites & Nibbles
- 1 Beet–Pickled Deviled Eggs
- 2 Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs
- 3 Asparagus with Eggs and Parmesan
- 4 Herbed Goat Cheese Polenta Bites
- 5 Garlic & Coriander Quick-Pickled Baby Carrots
- 6 Southern-Style Pickled Shrimp
- 7 Roasted Curried Chickpeas with Rosemary and Thyme
- 8 Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- 9 Prosciutto-Wrapped Arugula
- 10 Radish, Boursin, and Chive Tartines
- 11 Chilled Soba in Cucumber Cups
- 12 Crostini with Pea Shoots and Strawberries
Dips & Spreads
- 13 Creamy Parmesan Dip
- 14 Chicken Liver Pâté with Sage, Apple and Thyme
- 15 Whipped Feta Dip
- 16 Cool Herbed Yogurt Dip
- 17 Creamy Beet & Tahini Dip
Do you know yet what you're serving for Easter?