After you've stuffed yourself with Honeycrisps, Sweet Tangos, and Jonagolds at the farmers market, you should start thinking about ways to incorporate your favorite fall fruit into your daily meals. From puffed apple pancake for breakfast, to stuffed streusel apples for dessert, here are plenty of ways to get your apple fix this fall.
You can find apples to eat and cook with all year-round, but you get the best variety in the fall. Apples are an incredible ingredient to use in recipes because they are inexpensive and are easy to work with. They also offer a wonderful sweetness to any recipe.
But before you go off gallivanting in the farmers market in search for apples to use in these recipes, you should know they are not all created equal. Some apples are best for baking, while others are best eaten on their own. Read our guide for finding the best apples for all your baking needs.
So which recipe will you make first? Will you delve into the apple loaf, or start off strong with an apple pie? Here are 17 recipes to get you started.
Apples for Breakfast
- The Apple Pancake
- Brown Butter Apple Loaf
- Apple Zucchini Muffins
- Apple & Cinnamon Whole Grain Breakfast Strata
- Steel-Cut Oats with Maple-Roasted Apples and Cheddar
- Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels
Apples for Dessert
Apples for Lunch, Dinner, Snacks & More
- Arugula, Apple & Chickpea Salad Wraps
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples, Hazelnuts & Brown Butter Dressing
- Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria
- Apple Sandwiches with Honeyed Peanut Butter, Oats & Raisins
- Roasted Apple and Winter Squash Soup