One of the best things about breakfast is that it's super easy to pull off a hearty and healthy meal without breaking the bank. Whether you start at the bulk bins with rice for congee, scramble some eggs for an on-the-go breakfast burrito, or lean on a cheap pantry staple for a savory breakfast parfait, all it takes is a little inspiration to start your day with a totally delicious and budget-friendly breakfast. Here are 20 recipes to get you started.
These breakfast bowls and parfaits are wonderfully deceptive. They look totally impressive (with equally big flavor to match!), yet come together without costing a bundle. For a fancy breakfast bowl that fits your budget, start with inexpensive canned beans, cornmeal, fruit, or grains from the bulk bin.
- How to Make a Hearty Breakfast Fruit Salad
- Breakfast Fried Rice
- Black Beans and Plantains Breakfast Bowl
- Breakfast Banana Split with Yogurt and Jam
- Apple Farro Breakfast Bowl with Cranberries and Hazelnuts
- Savory Grits Breakfast Parfaits
Consider eggs your breakfast superhero. This is the protein-rich ingredient that works with any budget for a versatile, filling breakfast.
- Veggie-Packed Tater Tot Breakfast Bake
- Crustless Quiche with Summer Vegetables
- Tex-Mex Migas
- Eggs with Summer Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Bell Peppers
If you're craving eggs but need an option that's a bit more portable, look no further than the breakfast sandwich. With a few eggs at the helm, these handheld breakfasts will fill you up without crushing your food budget for the week.
- The Wrapped Breakfast Quesadilla
- Grilled Cheese & Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich
- How To Make Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
- Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
- Muffin-Pan Breakfast Sliders
Warm and Comforting Breakfast Ideas
If you believe a hot breakfast is the best way to start the day, you've got a lot of budget-friendly options. Consider the baked sweet potato, or start at the bulk bins for the makings of oatmeal, quinoa porridge, or comforting congee.