If the idea of a whole-grain breakfast sounds like something boring that your doctor might recommend, think again. These recipes are full of flavors that pop, and whole grains that satisfy our under-caffeinated early morning cravings.
Maybe you'd like a warm bowl of mixed grains topped with berries and crunchy hazelnuts? Or a quick omelet filled with last night's quinoa? Or if you just need something to eat on the go, a no-bake sunflower oat bar does just the trick. Whatever your morning routine looks like, there's a breakfast here that will help get it started off right.
Whole grains can mean anything from old-fashioned rolled oats to polenta. They're a diverse bunch, which means we rarely lack for inspiration.
If oatmeal is your breakfast mainstay, we have a few recipes for both your familiar porridge and for using those oats in satisfying bars to eat on the go. Farro and quinoa are two dinner staples that can be transformed by the sweeter, lighter flavors of breakfast. And let's not forget about rice! White or brown rice can go into breakfast burritos or be used to make a version of our Indian poha recipe.
Any whole grain breakfast recipes to share? What are your favorites?
- Breakfast Polenta Squares with Spinach & Bacon
- Breakfast Grain Salad with Blueberries, Hazelnuts, and Lemon
- Whole Grain Morning Glory Muffins
- Crunchy Granola Bars
- Breakfast Poha
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Omelet with Quinoa, Sundried Tomatoes, Spinach & Goat Cheese
- Apple Farro Breakfast Bowl with Hazelnuts and Cranberries
- Rye Toasting Bread with Cherries and Pumpkin Seeds
- Vegan & Gluten-Free No-Bake Sunflower Oat Bars