11 Products that Make Doing the Dishes Less of a Chore
After making a fabulously elaborate meal for friends or even just a simple weeknight dinner, the last thing any of us want to do is a sink full of dishes.
But since they must be done (even if you let them sit until the next morning), you might as well make them a bit more fun. These 11 products are bound to make scrubbing those pots and pans feel like less of a chore.
- Caldrea Dish Soap, $9 from Caldrea: We can’t decide what we like better: the amazing scents (like Plum Bergamot Clove and Rosewater Driftwood) or the beautiful designs of these dish soaps.
- Recycled Glass Soap Dispenser, $32 from Anthropologie: Even if you’re using whatever dish soap was on sale, this recycled glass dispenser will make it look like it’s something fancy, and maybe French? Ariel certainly loves hers a lot.
- Sink Brush Set, $22 from Brook Farm General Store: Scrub all those hard to reach bottles and glasses with this natural brush set. Not only will they get your dishes clean, but they’ll look great stashed by your sink.
- Universal Expert Sink Caddy, $20 from West Elm: This draining caddy will help your sponges and scrub brushes from developing a funk by letting air circulate below them.
- Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Essentials, Fleur de Sel, $20 from Williams-Sonoma: Splurge on this set for matching dish soap, hand soap, and countertop cleaning spray.
- Cuisipro Magnetic Scrubber, $12 from Amazon: We recently showed you this genius product that makes cleaning vases and carafes a breeze. Be sure to read our full review.
- Coriander and Olive Cucuina Dish Soap, $13 from Amazon: One of our favorite hand soap scents also comes in a concentrated dish soap. We’ll take a fresh smelling kitchen any day.
- Pop-Up Sponges, $17 for 6 from Williams-Sonoma: These skinny sponges expand like magic when they get. Maybe you can even convince your kids to help with the dishes if you spin it as a magic trick. (Also look for these at Trader Joe’s, where they go for a bit less.)
- Rubber Gloves, $11 from Crate and Barrel: Protect your hands when cleaning up after a massive dinner party with a pair of stylish and sturdy rubber gloves.
- Goodbye Detergent Natural Spaghetti Scrubs, $9 for 2 from Reusit: The best part about these abrasive scrubbers? They are made from natural materials like peach pits and corn cobs. Choose coarse or gentle depending on how delicate your cookware is.
- Heirloom Dishwashing Liquid, $15 from The Container Store: This fig-scented dish soap is biodegradable and non-toxic. If that wasn’t enough it comes in an attractive brown bottle that you can repurpose once you’ve used up the soap.