I firmly believe that summer isn't summer unless you've consumed your weight's worth of tomatoes by the time the season is over. I tend to overload my farmers market tote with as many I can possibly fit into it, then dig into them ravenously each week. This is my routine until the last tomatoes linger at stalls in early fall. It's so hard to get tired of them when they taste this good.
Daily caprese salads for lunch and fresh tomato-sauced pastas for dinner are a must to help you eat as many tomatoes as you can, but I also strongly believe that you shouldn't hesitate to bring them to the breakfast plate as well. A three-times-a-day tomato habit is something to be celebrated this time of the year! Here are 15 delicious ways to get your morning fill of juicy, sweet tomatoes.
Tomatoes + Eggs for Breakfast
Bright, acidic tomatoes are the perfect counterpart to savory, rich eggs, which means adding them to your morning scramble or incorporating them into your hearty breakfast grain bowl is a no brainer.
- Easy Caprese Quiche
- Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Corn, Goat Cheese & Tomatoes
- Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
- Scrambled Eggs with Lazy Salsa
- Sheet-Pan "Half English" Breakfast
- Eggs with Summer Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Bell Peppers
- Greek Scramble
- Freezer-Friendly Spinach Feta Breakfast Wraps
- Breakfast Salad with a Pizza Crust Waffle
- Ratatouille Breakfast Skillet Strata
- Vegetarian Breakfast Posole
- Southwest Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Tomatoes + Everything Else for Breakfast
That doesn't mean eggs are a requirement to get your morning dose of tomatoes, however. Piling sweet tomatoes on thick-sliced toast or baking them into a savory cake will also provide breakfast bliss. The upside-down tomato corn cake is a favorite for those days when breakfast begins around noon.