15 Ways to Bring Red, White, and Blue to Your July 4th Table
Independence Day might be one of our favorite holidays because it’s the perfect excuse to have a delicious meal outside with friends and family. If you’re preparing to host your loved ones for the annual BBQ this year, don’t forget about the decorations. There are so many fun and easy ideas for taking your patriotic party to the next level. Here are 15 red, white, and blue ideas to inspire you.
- Sparkler Centerpiece – Martha Stewart: These fun paper sparklers make a great centerpiece, or you can use them as drink stirrers. Either way, they’re a party must-have.
- Mason Jar Silverware Holders – A Soft Place to Land: Set these mason jar silverware servers at one end of your buffet table to make them easy to grab when people are juggling plates.
- Red and Blue Crepe Paper Runner – Good Housekeeping: This simple table runner is colorful and festive, and easy enough that your kids can assemble it.
- Colorful Party Favors or Place Cards – Whipperberry: Use these cute party favors as your place settings, either at each place or on the kids’ table.
- Stars and Stripes – Food & Wine: Try a nautical take on the stars and stripes with a starfish and striped napkin as your place setting.
- Pinwheel Drink Stirrers – 100 Layer Cake: Whether or not you’re serving a signature cocktail like this Independence Day wedding, you can’t go wrong with pinwheel drink stirrers.
- Apothecary Jars – Makoodle: Raid your pantry for dried beans to fill simple apothecary jars in patriotic stripes.
- Colored Water Centerpiece – Today’s Creative Life: All it takes to make this patriotic centerpiece is a few drops of food coloring.
- Simple Runner & Bunting – Catch My Party: We love the fact that the bunting on this table is tall enough not to get in the way of conversation.
- Patriotic Napkin Rings – Martha Stewart: A simple grosgrain ribbon napkin ring is all it takes to make your backyard cookout feel a bit fancier.
- RWB Color Block Table – Sunset: You don’t need to make your table setting too over the top. Instead stick with solid colors that you can use again and again.
- Patriotic Drink Bins – Better Homes & Gardens: These typographic drink bins are some of our favorites because they aren’t too overwhelmingly stars-and-stripes themed.
- Flag Tablecloth – Style Me Pretty: When in doubt, a flag makes a great tablecloth.
- Patriotic Picnic Place Setting – Jacolyn Murphy: We love these place setting pouches made from brown lunch sacks and washi tape. They’ll look great on a buffet table or passed out at a picnic.
- Dip-Dye Napkins & Placemats – HGTV: Go for a more relaxed look with these dip-dye table linens. Want to make your own? Follow these instructions.