While the orange spuds get plenty of attention all year long, they come into their crowning glory on Thanksgiving. From savory side dishes to sweet pies, sweet potatoes can be incorporated into every part of the Thanksgiving meal. Here are 16 tasty ways to serve up sweet potatoes at your Thanksgiving feast.
Casseroles Starring Sweet Potatoes
It's hard to think about Thanksgiving sides without a classic marshmallow-topped sweet potato casserole coming to mind. For a more savory twist, slice these sweet spuds into rounds for a layered gratin or a dish of creamy scalloped potatoes.
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- How To Make Classic Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Gratin with Smoky Breadcrumbs
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Creamy mashed sweet potatoes are always a good addition to any Thanksgiving side dish lineup.
- Stovetop Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Maple Pecan Drizzle
- Sour Cream Balsamic Sweet Potatoes
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk and Vanilla Bean
Baked and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roasted sweet potatoes might be your standby weeknight sides, but these irresistible recipes come with big flavors that make them impressive enough for any Thanksgiving spread.
- Garlicky Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- Butter-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Sweet Potato Slices with Cilantro Pesto
- Gingery Roasted Butternut Squash & Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes with Star Anise, Ginger, and Lime
- Beet & Sweet Potato Stacks
Sweet Potato Desserts
These naturally sweet root vegetables are a no-brainer for the dessert table. When baked into a pie, sweet potatoes are lighter yet creamier than their pumpkin cousin. Or, use them as you would apples for a tart tatin.