After a steamy summer of living without soup (besides the occasional gazpacho), the cooler days of September immediately bring a serious craving for something brothy and warm. These 15 recipes fill the void and are particularly special since they all can be made in the slow cooker. That means a whole lot of reward without much effort. Pick one to make at the start of the week and then keep enjoying the leftovers for lunch or dinner all week long.
It's hard to beat the comfort factor of chicken soup. Classic chicken noodle is really only just the beginning, though. Turn on your slow cooker to make crowd-pleasing variations like chicken and wild rice and white chicken chili.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Hearty Chicken Minestrone
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Soup is always a good choice for a meatless meal, as it's easy to skip the meat and instead pack it with veggies and beans in order for it to taste equally as hearty and satisfying.
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Split Pea Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Slow Cooker Yogurt Soup with Daikon
- Slow Cooker Minestrone
- Slow Cooker Vegan Lentil Chili
- Slow Cooker Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
Other Hearty Soups
Whatever your soup craving, let the slow cooker help make it easy to come to fruition without much work on your part. This is particularly useful when you're in the mood for something like French onion soup or beef stew, both of which usually have to be weekend affairs when made on the stove.