15 Snack Recipes to Make During Your Whole30
So you’re doing a great job of following Whole30 and suddenly snack time hits. Your stomach is grumbling for something satisfying, but what’s approved on this 30-day abstention from some of our favorite snack foods?
Dried fruit forms the base of these easy no-bake bars that will give you a bolt of energy when you need it most. Just make sure your dried fruit is sulfite-free in order for it to be Whole30-compliant.
Dips & Items to Be Dipped
Dips always make for a fun snack, whether they are simply paired with crudité or with something a bit more unique, like roasted potatoes wedges.
- 3-Ingredient Green Tahini Sauce
- 3-Ingredient Roasted Lemon Sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper & Marcona Almond Dip
- Purple Cauliflower Hummus
- Crispy Salt & Vinegar Potatoes
- How To Roast Shishito Peppers
- Kraut-Tots (check that the sauerkraut you’re using doesn’t have added sugar and try using avocado oil to fry, as it has a high smoke point and is more Whole30-friendly)
When all you really need is something crunchy, look to spiced nuts, raw veggies, and even seaweed-wrapped hand rolls.
While not a favorite of the plan, smoothies are technically compliant and can make a satisfying snack when you fill them with good things that keep your energy steady, like leafy greens or fiber and protein-rich nuts and chia seeds.
30 Days of Whole30: We kicked 2017 off with 30 days of Whole30. Why Whole30? It’s not a permanent diet; it’s not a prescription for eating. It’s just 30 days of eating whole foods and exploring a more purposeful, mindful approach to food. Read more here on what Whole30 is and how to follow along.