15 Smart Ways to Shop for Kitchen Gear
We see a lot of gear — from handheld gadgets to countertop appliances — come across our desks and kitchen counters each year. There are some things that are worth the money, and some that fall flat. Plus, there are plenty of ways to save on the gear you need in the kitchen. Here are our best shopping tips and product reviews from 2015.
- The restaurant supply store is your friend: You can score good deals on restaurant-quality goods, if you know what to look for.
- IKEA always comes through: We picked our 40 favorite things from the 2016 catalog.
- Every kitchen needs these 10 things: Luckily they are all easy on your wallet.
- There’s a high-powered blender for everyone: Don’t just blindly buy a Vitamix — there are other blenders that might fit your cooking habits better.
- IKEA redid their kitchen cabinets: Here’s everything you need to know about the completely revamped line.
- A slow-cooker primer: There are several things you should consider to help you find the best one.
- We love these snacks from Trader Joe’s: They are staples in our kitchens for entertaining and general snacking.
- You can organize anything with a wine crate: And we love the inexpensive ones IKEA now offers.
- Glass jars deserve a place in your kitchen: They are indispensable when it comes to organizing pantry essentials.
- Beauty is sometimes just as important as functionality: These are the kitchen splurges we’ll always love.
- On choosing a toaster that’s right for you: It’s worth selecting this frequently used product carefully based on your cooking habits.
- Electric pressure cookers are all the rage: We can help you decide if you need one and which one is right for you.
- The Instant Pot is a wonderful multitasker: It does the work of seven different appliances, and eight months later, we’re still loving it.
- This ice cream maker will make you more popular: Plus, it also makes great ice cream.
- Sometimes the silly gadgets are actually winners: We love these unlikely heroes in the kitchen.