Like chicken breasts, pork chops are one of those easy, crowd-pleasing weeknight staples that should be on repeat. The best chops, in our opinion, are cooked up simply, with nothing but a quick brine and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, which means they can be paired with just about any side.
From roasted potatoes to sautéed greens to fluffy mint-infused rice, here are 15 of our favorites sides that we turn to every time we're making pork chops.
All Things Green
Meaty pork chops feel more like a well-rounded dinner when they are paired with a green vegetable. Whether that's something cooked like roasted Brussels sprouts or sauteéd spinach, or nothing but a crisp salad, any of these sides will balance out the plate.
- Honey-Mustard Brussels Sprouts
- Slow-Cooked Kale with Smashed Garlic & Red Onions
- Weeknight Winter Salad
- Easy Lemon-Ginger Spinach
- Smoky, Lemony Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 10-Minute Miso Broccolini
Comforting Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes
Pork chops and potatoes are commonly served together, and it's easy to understand why. Whether it's white spuds or sweet potatoes you crave, these recipes want to buddy up with your chops.
- Butter-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3-Ingredient Garlicky Red Potatoes
- Sour Cream Balsamic Sweet Potatoes
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Sour Cream Smashed Potatoes with Fried Shallots
Pasta and Grain Sides
Simple pasta and grain sides also pair well with pork chops. Instead of cooking up just a plain pot of rice, however, try something with a bit more spunk, like couscous infused with smoked paprika or barley flecked with sage.