Tossing some chicken on the grill is an easy dinner solution just about any night of the week throughout the summer months. But once you've got that covered, how do you round things out in order to call it dinner? A simple side or two should do the job and satisfy the crowd. We gathered some of our most favorite recipes to serve alongside grilled chicken, all of which are no sweat to prepare. From flavor-packed salads to crisp and caramelized grilled vegetables, here are our 17 of our best.
Hearty Grilled Side Dishes
Since the grill is already fired up, why not toss the rest of your dinner on it? Cook your side dish right on the grill alongside your chicken and your meal is quickly rounded out, without any need to fuss in the kitchen. Go for classic grilled potatoes or try something new by grilling thick watermelon wedges and finishing them with lime zest, red pepper flakes, and Greek yogurt.
- Easy Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- The Ultimate Grilled Zucchini Salad
- Grilled Potato, Onion, and Bacon Skewers
- Cheesy Grilled Potato Packets
- Grilled Asparagus with Bacon Vinaigrette
- Grilled Carrots with Lemon and Dill
- Garlicky Grilled Kale Salad with Grilled Bread
- How To Grill Watermelon
- Grilled Radicchio with Creamy Cheese
- Grilled Eggplant Topped with Goat Cheese and Tomato
Satisfying Slaws and Salads
Alongside hot grilled chicken, sometimes all you really need is a salad to keep things cool in the summer heat. Go with something crisp and light, like coleslaw, or something heftier, like pasta salad, depending on your mood. Or, if you're serving a crowd, make a couple so there's a little something for everyone.