So very many dishes are really just a vehicle for cheese, aren't they? Like, say, cheesy quesadillas, grilled cheese sandwiches, and even (let's be honest) lasagna. I have to admire the recipes that cut out the middle man and just give you, unashamedly, a bowl of baked brie. Pretty it up with a sauce of cranberries or figs or whatever you like, but we all know what's really going on here. For the cheese lovers out there, here are fifteen recipes from this past year that celebrate cheese in all its glory.
- 1 Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- 2 Cheesy Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- 3 How To Make Crispy, Cheesy Quesadillas on the Stove Top
- 4 Queso Fundido
- 5 Herbed Goat Cheese Polenta Bites
- 6 Scalloped Potatoes with Onions and Cheddar Cheese
- 7 Cheesy Chicken & Mozzarella Meatball Sliders
- 8 French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese
- 9 Cheddar Olives
- 10 Savory Scones with Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 11 Smashed Potatoes with Gouda and Horseradish
- 12 Garlic and Herb Marinated Mozzarella Bites
- 13 Roasted Feta Cheese with Fig-Thyme Compote
- 14 Cheesy Baked Black-Eyed Pea Dip
- 15 Pasta Salad with Smoked Gouda, Roasted Red Peppers & Artichoke Hearts
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!