15 Reasons You’ll Want to Visit IKEA in February
We saw and appropriately devoured IKEA’s new 2015 catalog, but that wasn’t the end; the beloved Swedish superstore just announced they have brand new designs hitting their US stores in February.
We got a sneak peek at what’s coming for the kitchen, and it’s pretty great — we’re talking four new dining tables, a new series of bamboo kitchen organization accessories (including a bamboo tablet stand!), and a new kitchen cart that just may steal our hearts back from the RASKOG. Check out just a few of the items coming soon to an IKEA near you.
- The DALSHULT/SLÄHULT Table, $189: Made with solid birch legs and a melamine top.
- The BACKARYD/RYDEBÄCK Table, $89: Made of powder-coated steel and fiberboard, and only available in (super fun) bright orange.
- The GREBBESTAD/RYGGESTAD table, $179: Made with solid pine legs and a thick pine veneer table top.
- The NORNÄS Table, $199: Made of untreated solid pine (so you can paint or stain it however you want!) with bevelled edges. The designers “wanted to combine the traditional feeling of pine from the north of Sweden and bring it into the future with a modern contemporary design that really is built to last.”
- The NORNÄS Wine Rack, $12: Made of solid lacquered pine.
- The NORNÄS Glass Door Wall Cabinet, $79: Made of untreated solid pine with diagonally-cut bevelled edges.
- The RISATORP Kitchen Cart, $59.99: Designer Wiebke Braasch wanted to design a cart that was “perfect for storing fruits and vegetables.”
- A closeup of the RISATORP kitchen cart, made of powder-coated steel and clear lacquered solid birch.
- The RISATORP Baskets, $12.99
- The RIMFORSA Kitchen Accessories Collection: Made from sustainably sourced bamboo, every piece in the collection is designed to be hung on a rail but can also be used and stored independently.
- The RIMFORSA Basket, $19.99
- The RIMFORSA Chopping Board, $15.99
- The RIMFORSA Tablet Stand, $15.99
- The RIMFORSA Knife Holder, $17.99
- The RIMFORSA Holder with Containers, $29.99: The containers are made of stainless steel and glass.
Last but not least, there’s the brand new IKEA kitchen system, SEKTION, which comes out in stores February 2. That’s definitely a reason to drop in — especially if you’re planning a kitchen renovation soon.
What do you have your eye on?