The Kitchn's readers and writers shared so many valuable tips for frugal cooking and shopping this year that we've gathered them up in one handy post. Check out the links below for ways to save money, reduce food waste, and entertain on a budget.
• 1 Danny Seo's 5 Tips for Saving Money at the Organic Grocery
• 2 Why You Should Invest in Cheap Wine
• 3 How Can I Save Money or Find Coupons for Healthy Foods?
• 4 It's True! Farmers Markets Are Cheaper Than Supermarkets
• 5 5 Ways To Throw a Party Without Blowing Your Budget
• 6 The Frugal Cook: Wily Tips for Stretching Leftovers
• 7 Waste Not! 4 (More) Ways to Use Up Leftover Pasta
• 8 Waste Not: Cooking With Fruit & Vegetable Trimmings
• 9 No-Waste Tip: Sauté the Last of the Salad Greens
• 10 The Frugal Cook: Using the Whole Apple
• 11 Waste Not! Roast Your Squash Seeds
• 12 Waste Not! Refrigerator Jam From Leftover Pie Filling
• 13 The New York Times' D.I.Y. Cooking Handbook
• 14 How To Start a Food Storage Plan On $10 A Week
• 15 Food History: Tips From Grandma's Recipe Archive
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)