10 Kitchen Islands That We Wish Were in Our Kitchens
What’s one thing every kitchen always needs? Extra counter space! And a kitchen island is the perfect way to create additional work space without too much of a hassle.
If you’re thinking about adding an island to your kitchen, here are 10 ideas to get you started.
10 Kitchen Islands We Admire
- Built-in Wine Fridge: Not only does this island have beautiful blue cabinets, but the built-in wine fridge is the cherry on top.
- Two-Tiered Counter: This double-level counter provides a workspace and a place to enjoy a quick meal or cup of coffee. Plus, the bright yellow shade makes for a cheery space.
- Vintage Factory Cart: Think outside the box when it comes to an island. This vintage factory cart became a mobile kitchen island with the addition of a marble top.
- Add in Storage: Use the space below your countertop to build in shelves for cookbooks, serving pieces, or those odds and ends that don’t have a permanent home.
- Small, but Functional: Just because you have a lot of floor space doesn’t mean you have to fill it with a massive island. This small cart-style island adds just enough extra counter space.
- Go Deep: A wider kitchen counter can provide space for both cooking and dining (or the kids’ homework!) simultaneously. No wonder the kitchen is the most popular room in the house.
- A Stone Facade: Bring a little bit of the outdoors in by covering your island in a natural stone facade.
- Build Your Own: If you can’t find the perfect island for your kitchen, you can DIY one. Plus, you’ll be able to get one that fits your space and your taste exactly.
- Unusual Shapes: A rectangular island might not be the best fit for your kitchen. We love how this semi-circle counter creates a focal point on the person cooking. It makes for a great entertaining kitchen.
- Dining Table Replacement: These homeowners combined their kitchen and dining room, and now use this eight-foot kitchen island in place of a kitchen table.