10 Thanksgiving Place Cards You Can Buy or DIY
Whether or not you’re a frequent entertainer, if you’re hosting Thanksgiving, this is one of the times where it’s worth it to add some of those frequently forgotten touches. Case in point — place cards.
There’s something special about having a table that’s set (even if your guests help you set it!), and that presents a special place for each person at your dinner. In that spirit, here are 10 of our favorite place cards for your Thanksgiving table this year.
- Rosemary Place Cards: Sometimes simple really is the best. These rosemary sprig place cards will make your table smell delicious, even before you’ve set out the food.
- Autumn Leaves Place Cards, $1 per card from Etsy: If you set your table with a fall theme, these simple, colorful leaf place cards are the perfect choice.
- Paint Chip Place Cards: Paint chips are always a great DIY supply. This tutorial recommends printing names with a laser printer, but you can also hand letter them.
- Turkey Feather Place Cards: If you’re really into the Thanksgiving spirit, go with these turkey place cards. Or maybe let the kids make them for your guests. (Plus, we’ll take any excuse to drink another bottle of wine.)
- Fall Fruit Place Cards: One of our favorites from years past, these edible place cards go perfectly with your cheese course.
- Chalkboard Stakes, $10 for six from Paper Source: If you entertain often, and like the extra touches like place cards, opt for these reusable chalk ones.
- Clothespins & Leaves Place Cards: Give guests the opportunity to share what they are thankful for this year, or write why you are thankful for each guest as a nice surprise when they sit down to dinner.
- Pinecone Place Card: This might be the simplest DIY on the list, but it’s also one of our favorites. Plus, it will give you an excuse to go for a walk and hunt for pinecones.
- Paper Turkey Leg Place Cards: This place card definitely gave us a chuckle! Put your pint-sized guests to work creating these while everyone is still arriving.
- Printable Chocolate Bar Place Cards: Combine your place card and party favor into one with these printable chocolate bar labels. Just don’t be surprised if a few guests break into their treats early.