While eggs are slapped with the label of "breakfast food," savvy home cooks know that eggs — and the comforting, protein-rich dishes you can make with them, like casseroles and frittatas — really have a place at the table any time of day. Their ease, versatility, and make-ahead potential make frittatas and egg bakes of all sorts, my ideal pick for mornings and weeknights alike. Here are 15 favorites that I keep in my rotation.
When breakfast-for-dinner nights fall into my meal plan, it is almost guaranteed I will be cooking up a frittata. It comes with the promise of a quick and nearly effortless meal that helps me clean out the veggies, herbs, and cheese in my fridge, and the leftovers for breakfast cannot be beat.
- The Easiest Cheese and Vegetable Frittata
- Farmers Market Frittata
- Bacon and Kimchi Fried Rice Frittata
- French Onion Frittata
- Frittata with Potato, Red Pepper & Gouda
Meaty Egg Casseroles
Bacon, ham, and crumbled sausage are a natural partner to eggs in all forms, and that includes casseroles. Whether you're cooking this dish up for breakfast or dinner, it adds an extra boost of protein for a more substantial and filling meal.
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Greens Breakfast Casserole
- Apple, Sausage, and Smoked Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
- Black Forest Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
Veggie-Filled Egg Casseroles
An egg casserole is also a wonderful vehicle to work a few extra helpings of veggies into your day. Just about any and all veggies are welcome here. And for those times you want to be a real breakfast or dinner superhero, go ahead and top the casserole with a layer of tater tots.