With the arrival of cooler fall days comes the desire to make dinner a bit more of an event. Gone is the need for quick, no-cook salads and throw-everything-on-the-grill dinners. Instead, we crave something a little less casual — a dinner we can linger over with a glass of red wine, maybe with a couple of friends we gathered up at the last minute, on a Wednesday, just because there's a chill in the air.
These types of meals hardly need to be a fuss, however — fast and fancy is the name of the game. The 15 recipes are easy to make but feel special, which means we plan to turn to them time and time again this season.
Fast & Fancy Dinners for Omnivores
There's no need to save that elegant steak dinner for a weekend. These fancy recipes come together without fuss on hectic weeknights, which means you should break out the nice wine glasses and fold your best linen napkins — even if it's the middle of the week.
- Caramelized Figs and Ravioli with Rosemary Brown Butter & Crispy Prosciutto
- Gorgonzola-Stuffed Steak Roll-Ups
- Warm Bulgur and Lentil Salad with Roasted Shrimp
- Pecan-Crusted Salmon with Sautéed Greens & Potatoes
- Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Spinach and Potatoes
- Gnocchi with Spinach, Bacon, and Blue Cheese
- Balsamic & Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs and Figs
- Seared Salmon with Soy, Scallions, and Ginger
Fast & Fancy Dinners for Vegetarians
It doesn't have to be a steak dinner to be fancy, however. Meatless mains can feel just as dressed up — especially if little touches like brown butter, crispy shallots, and poached eggs are involved.