Christmas is a special day and it deserves a special breakfast. Whether it's just a few of you or you're hosting a crowd, a breakfast celebration is in order. I usually keep things simple yet festive with muffins or scones and a hearty egg casserole.
If you don't have your menu planned yet, don't worry — we've got you covered! Here are 20 Christmas morning-worthy recipes, from make-ahead cinnamon rolls to savory egg dishes to a sweet breakfast version of eggnog bread pudding.
If you're in charge of cooking Christmas breakfast this year, you have two choices about how to spend the morning: You can cozy up in the kitchen with your nearest and dearest as you scramble eggs, flip pancakes, and crisp the bacon. This is usually my approach; I love spending the morning in my pajamas and slippers, making breakfast with my family.
You can also plan a menu with dishes that can all be made ahead of time, like muffins, bread, quiche, and egg casseroles. This is ideal if you're hosting guests or have a busy day planned.
What's your favorite breakfast to wake up to on Christmas morning?
Muffins and Baked Goods
- Christmas Kolaches
- Whole Grain Gingerbread Muffins
- Spicy Sticky Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- Holiday Breakfast Wreath with Cranberry-Almond Filling
- Eggnog Doughnut Muffins
- Fresh Cranberry Scones
Eggs for Breakfast
- Caramelized Onion, Ham, and Provolone Breakfast Bread Pudding
- Sweet Potato & Spinach Breakfast Strata
- Slow Cooker Hashbrown Casserole
- Veggie-Packed Tater Tot Breakfast Bake
- Winter Greens & Gruyere Tart with Cornmeal-Millet Crust
- Scrambled Egg & Mustard Greens on Toast
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole with Cheddar & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Apple, Sausage, and Smoked Cheddar Breakfast Casserole