20 Delicious Breakfast Recipes for Christmas Morning
Christmas is a special day and it deserves a special breakfast. Whether it’s just a few of you celebrating low-key, or you’re hosting a big, boisterous crowd, a breakfast celebration is in order. I usually keep things simple yet festive with muffins or scones and a hearty egg casserole.
If you don’t have your menu planned yet, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! Here are 20 Christmas morning-worthy recipes — from fresh, fluffy cinnamon rolls rolls with cream cheese icing; to savory bread pudding with caramelized onions, ham, and provolone cheese; to impossibly festive eggnog waffles with spiced whipped cream. So jumpstart that coffeemaker and take your pick.
If you’re in charge of cooking Christmas breakfast this year, you have two choices about how to spend the morning: You can cozy up in the kitchen with your nearest and dearest as you scramble eggs, flip pancakes, and crisp the bacon. This is usually my approach; I love spending the morning in my pajamas and slippers, making breakfast with my family.
You can also plan a menu with dishes that can all be made ahead of time, like muffins, bread, quiche, and egg casseroles. This is ideal if you’re hosting guests or have a busy day planned.
Muffins and Baked Goods
Eggs for Breakfast
- Caramelized Onion, Ham, and Provolone Breakfast Bread Pudding
- Sweet Potato & Spinach Breakfast Strata
- Slow Cooker Hashbrown Casserole
- Veggie-Packed Tater Tot Breakfast Bake
- Winter Greens & Gruyere Tart with Cornmeal-Millet Crust
- Scrambled Egg & Mustard Greens on Toast
- Apple, Sausage, and Smoked Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
- Spicy Kale and Sweet Potato Egg Bake