Do you smell that? That sweet smell of caramelized sugar and bread in the oven? That's your future calling. Whether you need to make something special for brunch in the next couple weeks – including Easter — or you want something sweet in order to get out of bed on Monday morning, these 15 treats are here to delight every part of your soul.
From the ultimate butter and sugar pastry, Kouign Amann, to berry and jasmine scones (perfect for spring!), to pretzel cinnamon rolls, here's your excuse to dust off your stand mixer and get serious about butter and sugar.
I don't know how cinnamon rolls and Nutella puffs came to pass as breakfast items, but I'd prefer to not ask too many questions. Eating a great croissant – flaky, airy, buttery – is one of the best things that can happen to a person. Embrace this fact and don't hesitate to make something outrageously good for your friends and family.
What are your favorite pastries for brunch and everyday eating?
15 Delicious Breakfast Pastries
- Baked Berry Breakfast Pastries with Whipped Crème Fraîche
- Nutella Puffs
- Cheater Nutella Sticky Buns
- How To Make Kouign Amann at Home
- How To Make Kugelhopf Breakfast Rolls
- Pretzel Cinnamon Rolls
- Mixed Berry & Jasmine Tea Scones
- Strawberry-Sour Cream Scones with Brown Sugar Crumble
- Blueberry Bran Muffins
- Coconut Mango Oat Muffins
- How To Make and Shape Homemade Croissants
- Spicy Sticky Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- Earl Grey Hot Cross Buns
- Cream Cheese Danish Bread
- Banana Nut Muffins