I've been watching a lot of the Olympics this past week. Figure skating, hockey, curling, the biatholon –– it all works up an appetite. So I'm considering cozy recipes from around the world to accompany the Winter Games: comfort food from China, Italy, Thailand, and beyond. I'm talking savory fried rice, and sweet and chewy gluten-free bibingka from The Philippines. Or perhaps classic boeuf Bourguignon, Korean steamed egg custard, or a tray of honey-crisped baklava from Greece.
I can't decide! Can you help?
Maybe I'll try them all. No matter what I'm planning on a pot of that Cuban black bean soup and a big plate of spaghetti alla carbonara. I'd also love to try my hand at homemade baklava, which actually doesn't look as complicated as I thought it might be.
What are your favorite international comfort food recipes?
- 1 How to Make Fried Rice - China
- 2 Cuban Black Bean Soup - Cuba
- 3 Korean-Style Steamed Eggs - Korea
- 4 African Beef & Peanut Stew - The Congo and Ghana
- 5 Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe: Marking's Bibingka - The Philippines
- 6 Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) - Vietnam
- 7 Shepherd's Pie - Ireland
- 8 Lamb Korma - India
- 9 Authentic Spaghetti alla Carbonara - Italy
- 10 Slow-Cooked Boeuf Bourguignon - France
- 11 Enchiladas Verdes - Mexico
- 12 How To Make Baklava - Greece
- 13 Sauerkraut, Potato & Cheese Pierogi - Poland
- 14 Thai Green Coconut Curry with Chicken and Zucchini - Thailand
- 15 Recipe: Salmon and Black Sesame Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls) - Japan