15 Bright Ideas for a Cleaner, Prettier, and More Organized Kitchen
Is there anyone out there who doesn’t want his or her kitchen to be cleaner and more organized? (If there is, then you are my hero.) But for the rest of us, we’re always on the lookout for smart storage ideas and tips to help us make our kitchens the best they can be. Here’s a look back at some of the great ideas we came across this year, from using an upcycled magazine file to store foil and plastic wrap, to labeling jars with washi tape — and so much more!
- 1 An Upcycled Magazine File Used To Store Bags, Foil, and Plastic Wrap
- 2 Clever Idea: Use the Inside of a Cabinet Door To Hang Measuring Cups!
- 3 Two Ways To Store Dish Soap and Other Kitchen Cleaners (Besides by the Sink)
- 4 Better Under-the-Sink Organization: Use a Neat and Simple Pull-Out Drawer
- 5 An Easy Way To Hang Kitchen Towels: Use Clothespins!
- 6 Pantry Organization Tip: Use Sheet Pans & Hotel Pans to Hold Ingredients
- 7 Pantry Before & After: How a Labeler and New Containers Transformed My Pantry
- 8 Who Needs a Tray? Use a Baking Dish to Keep Items Organized on the Counter
- 9 Kitchen Organization Tip: Label Your Jars with Washi Tape
- 10 Wire Shelving Units in the Kitchen: Simple, Cheap, and (Yes!) Stylish Organization
- 11 How I Organize My Measuring Spoons
- 12 How to Oil and Maintain a Wood Cutting Board in 5 Minutes a Month
- 13 Smart Idea: Use a Wire Organizer, Turned On Its Side, To Stack Your Pans
- 14 8 Quick Tricks To Make Your Place Look Clean and Inviting
- 15 8 Ways to a Neater, Cleaner, and More Organized Kitchen
Plus, 6 bonus cleaning + organizing roundup posts!
- 10 Ways to Clean Your Kitchen Less Often, and Enjoy It Way More
- 15 Cheap and Pretty Ways to Spruce Up a Tiny Kitchen
- 8 Sources for Pull-Out Kitchen Cabinet Shelves, Organizers, and Sliding Drawers
- 10 Easy, Low-Budget Ways to Improve Any Kitchen (Even a Rental!)
- 15 Ways to Store Your Pots and Pans
- Smart Storage Ideas for Kitchen Utensils: 15 Examples From Our Kitchen Tours
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn’s Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We’ll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!