15 Bright, Colorful Breakfast Nooks
To combat the gray days of January, we need some colorful inspiration. One of our favorite places to incorporate color is in a dining area, so today we’re looking at bright, colorful breakfast nooks to help cure those January doldrums.
Whether you are lucky enough to have a built-in breakfast nook, or you carve out a space with some creative rearranging, let these colorful breakfast corners inspire you to banish the winter blues.
- Green lattice: This fresh fern-green breakfast nook is the perfect place to plan your day while sipping coffee. We also love the way Cristin from Simplified Bee has incorporated her children’s artwork.
- Red & cream patterns: Not only is this cozy nook perfectly nestled behind a peaked archway, but it also has a warm color palette and a perfect combination of patterns.
- Arctic blue cushions: The cushions might be a cool blue, but the overall effect of the bench and walls of windows is one of warm welcome.
- Green & blue highlights: You don’t have to overwhelm with color. This nook is a perfect example of how to highlight your space with the details.
- Complementary colors: Think back to your art class lessons and pair complimentary colors for a bright, cheery kitchen. We especially love this blue table top.
- Tricolor palette: There’s no question what the color palette for this breakfast nook is. We love how it carries through in the upholstery, chairs, and even the flowers.
- Colorful artwork: Don’t forget how much of an impact a colorful work of art can make in your space. We love the way this piece ties together all the colors that otherwise might not seem to go together.
- Curated objects: One way to add color quickly (and change it as your tastes change) is by playing up the colors of objects like vases, frames, storage boxes, and planters. That way you can update whenever the mood strikes.
- Tone on tone: Working within one color family can help your space feel more cohesive. This nook with white cabinetry and shades of blue and turquoise adds a breath of fresh air to the space.
- Warm woods: Beautiful wood furniture can also read as a color as it does in this sunny breakfast nook. Plus, it can help temper a mix of patterns.
- Color & texture: Don’t forget to incorporate a range of textures into your design for an even more eclectic feel. We love how this breakfast nook mixes neutrals with little bits of color, too.
- Go monochromatic: If you have a single color you love, go all out with it. This yellow breakfast nook (though we might be tempted to call it a breakfast room!) puts the hue to good use along with a few simple accent shades.
- Chalkboard: Okay, we know black isn’t really a color, but the black chalkboard wall, combined with the colorful magnetic letters and the bright pillows, makes this nook feel colorful even when it’s pretty minimal.
- Color & pattern: Don’t just add solid colors, mix in a few colorful patterns as well for an even more polished look. We love the way the piping on the back cushions matches the seat cushions in this nook.
- Think outside the nook: Don’t have room for a full-on breakfast nook? You can always create a colorful breakfast bar in your kitchen or dining area instead. And don’t be afraid to go bold!