We all start our days in different ways: a breakfast pizza with sunny-side up egg for me, a green smoothie for you, and ham-cheddar egg bakes for a friend. (Unless, that is, we're all sharing a plate of lofty buttermilk pancakes doused in maple syrup.)
This past year, we talked about all sorts of ways to super-power our mornings with an extra dose of protein and nutrition, and here are fifteen favorites. These are the breakfasts that make us excited to get out of bed and leap into the day!
- 1 Avocado and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- 2 Superpower Morning Smoothie
- 3 Honeyed Grapefruit Yogurt Parfait with Popped Amaranth
- 4 Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes
- 5 Ham, Cheddar & Chive Egg Bakes
- 6 Frozen Single-Serve Oatmeal with Almonds & Cherries
- 7 Cakey, Oaty Energy Bars Packed with Fruits & Seeds
- 8 Blueberry Bran Muffins
- 9 Chicken Enchilada Omelet
- 10 Spring Fruit and Nut Tabouli
- 11 Orange Poppy Seed Muffins
- 12 Apple Sandwiches with Honeyed Peanut Butter, Oats & Raisins
- 13 Winter Citrus Compote with Yogurt
- 14 Cherry Pistachio Granola Clusters
- 15 Steel-Cut Oats with Maple-Roasted Apple and Cheddar
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!