Setting the table for a party — any party, large or small — should be fun. It's a time where you can feel free to glam it up, to get a little fancy, to do things differently than you would if it was just a regular weeknight dinner. Here are a few of our favorite festive tabletop ideas, from swing-top bottles for sparkling water to the classiest way to serve butter, from gilded oyster shell salt cellars to a DIY polka-dot tablecloth (made with potatoes!).
- 1 Dress Up Your Dinner Party: 5 Free Printable Menu Templates
- 2 How I Got Two Chic and Durable Tablecloths for $24.99
- 3 A Classic Favorite: Linen Tablecloth by Fog Linen Work
- 4 How To Make a Thanksgiving Centerpiece (And Eat It Afterwards)
- 5 Simple Fancy: Serve Sparkling Water in Pretty Swing-Top Bottles
- 6 A Delicious Way to Serve Butter
- 7 Spring Brunching: 5 Tips for Setting a Beautiful Table
- 8 A Halloween Fall Table Decor Idea: Make a Pumpkin Cooler!
- 9 Blossoming Branches Centerpiece
- 10 Party Table Idea: Oyster Shell Salt Cellars
- 11 Super Pretty Tile Trivets by Xenia Taler (You Can Hang Them, Too!)
- 12 Rosemary Wreath Place Cards
- 13 So Pretty! Pastel Glassware from Stelton
- 14 A Do-It-Yourself Polka Dot Tablecloth: Made from Potatoes!
- 15 3 Memorable Entertaining Ideas I Picked Up from a Summer Dinner Party in Tel Aviv
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!