14 Ways to Bake with Yogurt
We love our yogurt in the morning with granola or fruit or both; we love to plop it into our smoothies or swirl it into hot cereal. But yogurt is also an excellent dairy to bake with. Because of its acidity, yogurt reacts with baking soda to encourage leavening and adds nice, tangy notes. Here’s how to incorporate this wonder ingredient into your baking routine.
Note: If a recipe calls for regular yogurt and you only have the thicker Greek-style, simply thin it with a little milk or water until it is the texture of regular-style. And if you need Greek yogurt but only have regular, simply strain off some of the whey.
Biscuits, Scones, and Muffins
Cakes, Pies, and Breads
- Quick and Easy Yogurt Cake
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl
- Frozen Yogurt Pie with Boozy Blueberries
- Labneh Cheesecake Bars with Salted Honey Sauce
- Lavender Namoora
- Blueberry-Lemon Skillet Cake
- Lemon Yogurt Cake with Ginger-Thyme Syrup
- Peach Yogurt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze
- Apple Yogurt Cake with a Cinnamon-Sugar Streak