14 Important Gingerbread Recipes You Need to Know About
We just can’t get enough of gingerbread this time of year. Lucky for us, gingerbread flavors are finding their way into new, exciting treats across the Internet. From pancakes and meringues to oatmeal and scones, here are 14 very important gingerbread recipes you should be making this holiday season.
1. Gingerbread Overnight Oatmeal from Imma Eat That
These overnight oats are filled with molasses, cinnamon, and ginger. In the morning, all you have to do is top the oatmeal with homemade gingerbread cookies.
2. Gingerbread Pancakes from Creme de la Crumb
Top your homemade gingerbread pancakes with cinnamon syrup. That’s right — cinnamon syrup.
3. Gingerbread Molasses Chocolate Chip Bars from Averie Cooks
There is so, so much going on in these bars that it’s a little overwhelming. You have the classic gingerbread flavors, plus chocolate chip cookies, plus some kind of blondie situation. It’s magic.
4. Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Gingerbread Cookie from Cafe Delites
You know what would make traditional gingerbread cookies even better? If they were deep-dish gingerbread cookies filled with Nutella and topped with ice cream. Yup, that would be much better.
5. Gingerbread Chocolate Meringues from The Cupcake Confession
These cozy gingerbread-flavored meringues are topped with chocolate-molasses ganache. I dare you to just try and eat one.
6. Gingerbread Chocolate Macarons from Milk and Honey
Airy gingerbread-flavored cookies meet a dark chocolate filling. What more could you really ask for in life?
7. Gingerbread Energy Bars from A Balance of Tastes
Now, not everything gingerbread has to be a baked good. In fact, this gingerbread snack is even kinda healthy. Now you don’t have an excuse to not make these.
8. Gingerbread Latte from Pinch of Salt
Move over, Starbucks. You can make your very own seasonal latte at home by taking a quick stroll through your spice rack.
9. Gingerbread Scones with Cranberries from Salted Plains
These healthy gingerbread scones use coconut oil instead of butter, and sorghum and almond flour. They’re also filled with cranberries. Good enough to have two on Christmas morning.
10. Gingerbread Layer Cake from Oatgasm
I really can’t get over how beautiful this cake looks. This gingerbread-spiced cake is covered in a cream cheese frosting and sugared cranberries. If you know someone who has a birthday this time of year, this is the cake to make.
11. Gingerbread Waffle Parfaits from Faring Well
Make some gingerbread-spiced waffles, rip them up into bite-sized pieces, put them in a pretty serving bowl, and cover the whole thing with a homemade berry mash and coconut whipped cream.
12. Gingerbread Granola from Well Plated
You shouldn’t be topping your morning cup of yogurt with just any kind of granola. This gingerbread variety is easy to make and so very seasonal.
13. Glazed Gingerbread Doughnuts from Culinary Couture
Excuse me while I eat all the doughnuts I can possibly fit in my mouth.
14. Gingerbread Cupcakes from Maebells
You should probably make these adorable gingerbread cupcakes for your upcoming holiday party. They are delicious and seasonal and super cute.