14 Champagne Cocktails to Cheers the First Day of Summer
Today is the first official day of summer. Before you finalize your beach trips and plan your attack for the commandments of summer cooking, let’s raise a glass to the next three months. On the longest day of the year, we propose a toast to the hot days to come. Something sparkly is definitely in order.
1. Elderflower Champagne Cocktail from The Kitchn
This four-ingredient cocktail makes a great pitcher drink. It’s extra sparkly due to the Champagne and club soda. Don’t skip out on adding fresh fruit! If you can’t find strawberries, another berry substitute is just fine.
2. Blackberry Thyme Champagne Cocktail from Style Me Pretty
For this cocktail you need to make a blackberry simple syrup first, and then top with Champagne and a sprig of thyme.
3. Strawberry Lime Champagne Cocktail from Savory Nothings
This three-ingredient cocktail involves smashed strawberries, lime, and Champagne. It sounds super simple and refreshing — something you could easily make after a long day at work.
4. Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail from My Diary of Us
I love that the base of this cocktail involves a homemade thyme simple syrup, which provides a little earthiness to cut through all that sugar.
5. Strawberry Champagne Mojito from The Suburban Soapbox
This rum and Champagne-based cocktail is a great pitcher drink contender. The fresh strawberries and mint in this thing are so pretty.
6. Cucumber Mint Sparkler from Domesticate Me
I think we can all agree that cucumber and mint is the most refreshing combination of all time. If you’re going to chase the sun this summer, you’re going to need all the energy you can get.
7. Grapefruit Sage Champagne Cocktail from Little Peanut
This might seem like more of a winter cocktail, but honestly Champagne drinks shouldn’t have a season.
8. Sparkling Grapefruit Watermelon Sangria from Whitney Bond
You might not be able to tell in the photo above, but Whitney Bond turned her watermelon cubes into hearts. Pretty adorable.
9. Mimosa Sangria from Pretty Plain Janes
How on earth am I just hearing about mimosa sangria? It’s brilliant! You only need four ingredients: Champagne (duh), orange juice, fresh blueberries, and peach schnapps.
10. Raspberry Sparklers from The Sugar Hit
This recipe uses frozen raspberries because it’s intended as a New Year’s Eve cocktail, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use fresh raspberries when they are in season.
11. Blackberry Mint Mimosa from Bright-Eyed Baker
Try this twist on the classic cocktail for summer brunches. This recipe combines blackberry juice, sugar, simple syrup, mint, and Champagne.
12. Champagne Margarita from 40 Aprons
A traditional margarita gets a sparkly upgrade with a Champagne float. It’s the best of both worlds!
13. Watermelon Champagne from Lauren Kelp
This simple cocktail sounds so refreshing. All you need is watermelon juice, Champagne, and a spring of mint (if you want). Pour it into a Champagne flute if you want, or use a nice coupe glass.
14. Bourbon and Honey French 75 from Bourbon and Honey
This smart version of the French 75 uses a homemade honey syrup as the base, and then you simply add bourbon and orange juice to the classic recipe.