12 Tiny Food Miracles That Make You Love Your Kitchen
You know that feeling when everything just seems to be going right in the kitchen? Like the world is just with you that day? It’s all in the small, random things: when the leftovers fit your containers perfectly, or when you peel an orange and the peel comes off in a single piece.
These small delights aren’t necessarily about cooking skills. They are more about luck and circumstance, and yet it’s exactly these tiny food miracles that make being in the kitchen a little more magical and enjoyable.
Here are 12 tiny, everyday food miracles that make us love our kitchens just a little bit more.
1. When your leftovers perfectly fit into containers.
2. When you accidentally get eggshell into the egg whites or yolk when cracking an egg, but you’re able to get it out in one try.
3. When you measure out flour and you nail it in one try. You don’t need to go back for extra.
4. When your timer goes off just as you walk into the kitchen.
5. When you find that secret bite of chocolate you left yourself in the fridge.
6. When you’re in a rush and you quickly squeeze lemons in your hands and you don’t get seeds into your dish.
7. When your avocados are perfectly ripe for guacamole or avocado toast.
8. When you roll out pie crust and put it on top of the pie and it’s perfectly centered.
9. When you peel an orange and you get the entire peel off in one try.
10. When you peel a hard-boiled egg and you get the entire shell off in one go.
11. When you’re able to get the right sized parchment for baking without trying too hard.
12. When you’re measuring an ingredient in ounces and you grab it at random and you have the exact amount you need.
Add your own tiny food miracles that make you love your kitchen in the comments!