12 Easy Smoothies for Hot Days
When it’s too hot to cook and you want something quick and satisfying, homemade smoothies are always the answer. They’re so simple and refreshing, especially now with great summer fruits and vegetables to sip through your straw.
Looking for some fun smoothie ideas? We’ve got your recipe situation covered with a smoothie chock-full of greens, and another that tastes like blueberry pie. There’s a sunny citrus and turmeric number, and an avocado lassi spiced with cardamom, plus much more. Drink up!
Smoothies are one of those things that aren’t limited by meal times. You could enjoy one whenever: breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. I’m personally big on the breakfast smoothie, which I find is an easy way to get lots of vegetables and fruit first thing in the morning.
If you’re one to rush out the door in the morning (like me), there are simple tricks to make your smoothie-routine go a little faster, like freezing your smoothie into ice cubes and letting them melt on your commute to school or work.
Another idea I love is freezing all the ingredients for your smoothie into individual “smoothie bags” ahead of time, so you simply dump the ingredients in the blender and you’re on your way to smoothie nirvana. The best kind place to visit.
Here are 12 ideas to cool you down and cheer you up this summer:
- Sunshine Smoothie with Coconut, Clementine and Turmeric: If you haven’t tried adding turmeric to your daily smoothie, you’re missing.
- Superpower Morning Smoothie: ALL the greens first thing in the morning, please.
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie: Oats and pecans make this smoothie “pie” like.
- Honey-Lime Fruit Salad Smoothie: Like a mini vacation in a glass.
- 5-Minute Vegan Breakfast Smoothie: Chia seeds are the unsung hero of vegan smoothies everywhere.
Creamy Avocado Lassi: So thick and refreshing.
- Tropical Cilantro Smoothie: Got extra herbs? Throw ’em in your smoothie!
- Dairy-Free Raspberry Mango Mint Smoothie: Mint and raspberry it a totally refreshing combination.
- Raspberry Rosewater Smoothie: Chopped pistachios give this smoothie some great texture.
- Mango Yogurt Smoothie: This smoothie is super simple. An excellent choice for your morning routine.
- Green Smoothie with Spinach, Pear, and Ginger: Great for when you’re feeling a little under the weather.
Vegan Strawberry Orange Julius: The perfect treat for summer!