12 Gifts for Your Hipster Mixologist
Every year we like to put together a gift guide for cocktail lovers, and this year we’re taking it one step further and spotlighting 12 special goods for the hardcore cocktail enthusiast — gifts that will make your favorite mixologist feel like their home bar is just as awesome as one of those trendy cocktail bars in Brooklyn. (A few of The Kitchn editors live there, so we know.)
- Pineapple Gum Syrup, $14.70 from Small Hand Foods: You might not know what this is, but your mixology-obsessed BFF will squeal with glee when they see this old-school ingredient for classic cocktails.
- Small Batch Tonic, $16 from Jack Rudy Cocktail Co: Your G&Ts won’t ever be the same.
- Spherical Ice Tray Set, $18 from MOMA Store: A true cocktail connoisseur knows the value of a single large, slow-melting ice cube.
- Bittered Sling Gift Pack, $60 from The Meadow: Six 25-ml bottles from an award-winning bitters maker, with awesome, unusual flavors like Grapefruit & Hops and Plum & Rootbeer.
- Brass and Wood Cocktail Picks, $32 from Lawson-Fenning: For spearing olives and stirring drinks.
- Whale of an Ale Bottle Opener, $17.99 from Modcloth: A little work of art, with a mouthful of cap-removing teeth.
- Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass Saucer Champagne, $57/set of six from Amazon: Graceful, elegant coupes for a cocktail or Champagne.
- Bar Keep Organic Chinese Bitters, $27.95 from Only Bitters: A riff on the flavor Chinese five-spice, these bitters add an unexpected twist to an Old Fashioned.
- Bitters Bottle, $20.95 from Cocktail Kingdom: An elegant flask for the bitters they, ahem, brew themselves.
- The Carry On Cocktail Kit, $24: It’s TSA-approved, fits in your carry-on, and makes the flight home to see your extended family even easier.
- Bartender’s Deluxe Tool Kit, $308 from Umami Mart: When you want to go the whole shebang and really knock someone’s socks off.
- INNA Fruit Shrubs, $15 from INNA: The very hippest new cocktail ingredient.