12 Gifts for Kid Cooks and Young Food Lovers
For the last two weeks we’ve been sharing The Kitchn’s 2014 Holiday Gift Guide, but we’d be remiss if we didn’t offer a guide for the littlest cooks in our midst. If you’ve got a budding chef on your hands or a curious toddler following you around the kitchen, we’ve got 12 food gift ideas to excite, educate, and encourage them!
- Picnik Duo Kitchen, $150 from Giggle: This adorable all-wood play kitchen has everything your budding chef needs to practice his culinary skills.
- Pull Apart Poultry, $19.95 from The Land of Nod: Your little one will want to roast her own chicken right alongside you when you make this.
- Big Meals For Little Hands: Easy French Cuisine for Kids, $13.70 from Amazon: The perfect cookbook to teach your toddler to cook! Emma called it “flat-out adorable” in her review.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mini Cooking Set, $24.95 from The Land of Nod: Legit pots and pans in miniature! No plastic here — they look just like the real thing.
- DUKTIG 14-Piece Vegetables Set, $7.99 from IKEA: Cute vegetables your child can cozy up to.
- Once Upon a Time in the Kitchen: Recipes and Tales from Classic Children’s Stories, $11 from Amazon: Let literature open the door to the wonderful world of food and cooking!
- Sunnyside Up Backpack, $32 from Baba Souk: Too cool for school.
- Crepe Shop, $58 from AhaLife: This awesome little set lets your child choose from strawberry, banana, pineapple, whipped or chocolate cream toppings to make their very own pretend crepes!
- Totally Bamboo 5-Piece Utensil Set, $5.99 from Amazon: For older kids ready to take a little ownership in the kitchen, their very own wooden spoon set.
- Small Thyme Cooks: Culinary Coloring and Activity Book, $12.40 from Amazon: Featuring “chef coloring pages, mushroom word search, sous vide math problem, chef coat design, madlib restaurant review, farm-to-table-maze, and other delicious wastes of time,” this is the coloring book for food nerds young and old.
- Linen Kids Apron, $44 from Poketo: A sweet and simple apron for your young chef.
- Broccoli Rattle, $18 from Huset Shop: For the littlest sweet peas just learning about food, a broccoli rattle to make them smile and catch all the drool.