11 Under-the-Radar Cooking Gadgets That Make Great Gifts
You probably don’t realize just how often you reach for these handy gadgets when you’re cooking. And that’s exactly what makes them great gifts! From an oil mister to a spice grinder to the best mandoline on the market these 11 actually great gadgets are about to make someone’s life ten times easier.
- Wonderbag, $55 from Amazon: A product with a great story. Plus, it’s a slow cooker! (See our full review here.)
- Range Thermometer, $70 from Super Mechanical: This super-precise thermometer links to your smartphone, so you can walk away and receive alerts when your roast, homemade yogurt, or batch of home brew reaches a certain temperature!
- Swissmar Borner V Power Mandoline, $55 from Amazon:
Our friends at The Sweethome picked this mandoline over all the others they tried and we agree. It’s a good blend of safety and wicked speed. (See their review here.)
- KRUPS Spice Grinder, $16 from Amazon: Buy whole spices and then use this grinder when you need them!
- Enameled Lemon Squeezer, $9 from Amazon: This little gizmo is seriously THE BEST citrus juicer we’ve ever found. Period. No spraying juice. No dealing with seeds. Lots of juice. The perfect for your favorite citrus-lover.
Brother Easy Handheld Label Maker, $18.50 from Amazon: A label maker? For the kitchen? Yes! Once you can label your spice jars, bulk containers, and freezer bags in such neat print-outs, you’ll never go back.
- KitchenAid Pasta Roller Attachment, $200 from Williams-Sonoma: Because fresh pasta for life is the best gift ever.
- Prepara Oil Mister, $30 from Amazon: This makes infusing olive oil with your favorite herbs and spices fun and easy.
- Nomiku Immersion Circulator, $300 from Nomiku: Play with making things low and slow in the kitchen.
- Paderno Spiralizer 4-Blade, $50 from Williams-Sonoma: Make your own zucchini and vegetable noodles in the New Year with this cool spiralizer.
Whipped Cream Siphon, $40 from Amazon: Real whipped cream at the push of a button.