10 Wine Cellars for Millionaires
Do you ever “lay down” a bottle of wine? If I happen to put a bottle away for more than a few days, it just means I forgot it in the back of the liquor cabinet. But some with greater means than myself have entire cellars devoted to wine.
If you were a multi-millionaire, would you also drop a few chunks of cash into a wine cellar? Let’s peek inside a few and see how they suit.
- Estancia Custom – Kind of like Napa, without tourists.
- Contemporary Wine Cellar in London – James Bond not included.
- West Vancouver Transitional Cellar – This cellar is a paltry 150 square feet. Time for an upgrade, don’t you think?
- Country House in Bruges – If I had a country house in Bruges, this is exactly what I would do. How did you know?
- Wine + Tunnel = The Wunnel – Forget wine cellar. This waterfront home has a wunnel.
- North Clearwater Beach Residence – A more “nontraditional” approach, say the architects.
- Finn Cellar in Vancouver – Like peering into a very large barrel of wine.
- White Rock Creek – Is that a grape vine on the wall?
- Scarsdale Custom Wine Cellar – So. Much. Wine.
- Ocean House Miami – Please tell me it turns around and around!
Of course, good-natured class warfare aside, one doesn’t need a climate-controlled cellar to collect wine, especially over the short term. A relatively inexpensive wine fridge (put it in the closet if you don’t have room in the kitchen) will let you pick up a few bottles to hold on to.
Interested in starting to collect wine? Check out this great introductory post on how to get started.