10 Delicious Ways to Use Your Slow Cooker This Summer
Most often I associate slow-cooker meals with the fall and winter — lots of heavy stews, soups, and rich meats — this trendy kitchen tool, however, can and should be used during the summer. So take your slow cooker out of the closet, dust it off, and start dreaming of delicious taco recipes, fruity desserts, and vegetable-laden gumbos.
I’ve rounded up 10 slow-cooker recipes that are suitable for the summer. Just put the stuff in, walk away, and head to the beach. Your slow cooker will do the rest.
The slow cooker is perfect for summer entertaining. I especially love the idea of making a vat of barbacoa beef for a DIY taco bar or a making some slow-cooker collard greens as a side for pulled pork sandwiches.
10 Summer Slow-Cooker Recipes
- Barbecue Shredded Chicken from the Oven or Slow Cooker: All the BBQ things need to happen this summer, and your slow cooker is here to help.
- Slow-Cooker Poached Salmon with Lemons & Fresh Herbs: Put the fish in the slow cooker and just walk away. Go to the pool, or something.
- How To Make Fruit Butter in the Slow Cooker: Too much fruit is never a bad thing. Your slow cooker knows how to handle the situation.
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef: You can never go wrong with beef tacos.
Slow-Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken: Turn off the oven, and start up your slow cooker. It’s hard to mess this recipe up.
- Collard Greens Stew with Chorizo & Garlic: Great as a spicy side to your pulled pork sandwiches!
- Grilled Pineapple Pork Sandwiches from Pinch of Yum: If you don’t make pulled pork this summer, you’re not doing it right. Make it easy on yourself and try it in the slow cooker.
- Mango Chicken Stuffed Peppers from Worth Cooking: Summer weeknight meals made easy.
- Vegetarian Gumbo from Oh My Veggies!: A great way to take advantage of all the vegetables at your farmers market.
- Scalloped Peaches from Taste and Tell: Millions of peaches. Peaches for you.
What are your favorite slow-cooker recipes for summer?