This month Netflix released hit TV series Stranger Things, a love letter to the '80s that reads as a cross between The Goonies and E.T. While the heroes of the show might seem like Mike and his group of friends, or El and her superpowers, or Winona Ryder playing a mom (yes, she's brilliant), the true unsung hero is actually a box of Eggo Waffles.
If you haven't had Eggo Waffles ever (or in a very long time), let me refresh your memory: It's a breakfast item that looks and tastes like a thin, round waffle. This popular breakfast item of the '80s and '90s makes a few key appearances in the show that can't be underestimated. Twitter understands this fact.
1. Is Stranger Things sponsored by Eggo Waffles?
2. Eggo Waffles are the new superfood.
3. Our future is bright with Eggo Waffles.
stranger things on Netflix only adds to my belief that Eggo waffles are the future— sophia salvatore (@sophsalvatore_) July 26, 2016
4. Feelings are hard. Eggo Waffles can help.
5. Eggo Waffles will make you magical.
6. Let's just hope Eggo Waffles are a part of all alternative universes.
ok where is my fanfic of el and the boys watching star wars together and eating eggo waffles and being totally safe??????— gillian (@hopevanfine) July 24, 2016
7. Being brainwashed is fun if Eggo Waffles are invovled.
8. Eat your feelings. Eggo waffles are here for you.
Stranger Things was like eating Eggo waffles & chocolate pudding for the first time. I couldn't stop and I wanted more.— Nikki (@yojelocin) July 21, 2016