10 Times Pinterest Took Halloween a Little Too Far
Listen, I’m all for a good gag. Give me some crunchy meringue “bones” or a few mummy-wrapped jalapeño poppers on Halloween, and I’m yours. But there’s a line, folks — a line that should not be crossed, no matter how much you want to win at Halloween. Here are 10 times when my Pinterest browsing made me queasy. Do you dare click through?
1. Bloody Eyeball Brownies from Texanerin Baking
Those eyeballs. Not even for chocolate will I put this in my mouth.
2. Monster Bacon Meatloaf from Food Network
This right here is why I’m no longer allowed to watch “The Walking Dead” before bedtime. (Image from Pinterest.)
3. Severed Fingers in a Bun from Party Tipz
It’s never good to think too hard about what’s inside a hotdog — especially not on Halloween, and especially not when they look like this.
4. Kitty Litter Cake from The Stir
No, no, no, no. No. (No.)
5. Barfing Pumpkin from Bored Panda
Barf goes out, not in. Pass.
6. Halloween Spaghetti from The 36th Avenue
Flying Spaghetti Monster goes to the dark side.
7. Blood Splatter Cookies from Annie’s Eats
I just can’t with the blood and the splatter. “Dexter” gets the blame for this one.
8. Bowl of Worms from One Little Project
Gummy worms were practically a food group during my teenage years. But these guys? I … nope.
9. Green Slimed Popcorn from Babble
Mostly I’m just grossed out just thinking about eating this with my fingers (shudder).
10. Dried Scabs from Budget 101
The visual here is just a little bit more than my brain — or stomach — can handle.