10 Cute Kitchen Timers Under $20
With the advent of smartphones and smartwatches and smart, well, everything, you’d think kitchen timers would have become a thing of the past, right? Nope! We still swear by the little guys when it comes to keeping track of time. And with all these cute and helpful options, you might too.
- Kikkerland Vintage Streamline Kitchen Timer, $20: This funky, vintage-inspired 55-minute timer will add serious flair to any countertop — and the nostalgia-inducing ringing sound it makes when time’s up is just as retro-chic. We’re fans of the baby blue color, but you can also snag it in a bolder cherry red.
- 5-Minute Turquoise Hour Glass, $5 at CB2: This hour glass is perfect for when something just needs a few more minutes in the oven. Warning: It doesn’t make a sound (other than the faint sound of sand falling), so you’ve got to keep an eye on it. But it’s so mesmerizing, that shouldn’t be a problem.
- Lux Spring Wound Timer, $9 at Bed Bath & Beyond: The minimalist’s choice. Simple, inexpensive, and likely reminiscent of the timer you had in your home growing up, it gets the job done — no batteries or instruction manuals required. Plus, the ring is loud enough to hear from another room in your home.
- Lemon Kitchen Timer, $11: Slice up your hour into little wedges with this 60-minute citrusy timer.
- Taylor Precision Products Four-Event Kitchen Timer, $11: This timer (with built-in white board) is actually four timers in one. Each item on your to-do list gets its own alarm, which means you won’t blindly take the cupcakes out when you’re supposed to stop caramelizing the onions.
- Espresso Maker Kitchen Timers, $14 for two at World Market: You probably don’t need two more coffee makers in your kitchen, but these are timers (each one counts up to an hour) so we’re guessing you can make an exception.
- Miracle Cube Timer, $15: If your hands tend to be on the messier side when you’re cooking, this timer is for you. You can use your elbows to knock the timer onto its appropriate side and it’ll start counting down by one, five, 10, or 15 minutes.
- Deercy Digital Kitchen Timer, $10: Depending on how you wind this magnetic timer (clockwise or counter-clockwise), it will count up or down to your desired amount of time gone by.
- Ice Cream Kitchen Timer, $4 at Filene’s Basement: You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream. Just don’t freak when this adorable timer goes off.
- Prepworks by Progessive Little Timer, $9.50: Why wouldn’t you want a timer designed to look like an old-fashioned alarm clock?