While carving pumpkins for Halloween is a fun activity, it's a bit sad to see the hollowed-out pumpkin just sitting there and not do anything. It's a lot tastier to stuff the pumpkin, throw it into the oven, and let it bake into something delicious while it conveniently acts as its own attractive serving dish.
From a cheesy dip to soup to crème brûlée, here are 10 tasty dishes that you can bake inside big or little pumpkins!
1. Savory Stuffed Pumpkin with Sausage and Gruyère from Kitchn
If you're looking for a show-stopping recipe for your dinner table in the next month or so, this stuffed pumpkin rules. The "stuffing" is essentially savory bread pudding.
2. Baked Pumpkins with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Cheese from Oh My Veggies
This is another savory bread pudding stuffed inside a squash, but this time it's bread, spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and cheese.
3. Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkins from Creme de la Crumb
Honestly, all cheesecake should come stuffed inside a pumpkin based on this recipe. Don't forget the whipped cream!
4. Nutty Wild Rice and Shredded Brussels Sprout Stuffed Mini Pumpkins from Half Baked Harvest
This hearty stuffed pumpkin is made with wild rice, Brussels sprouts, pecans, dried cranberries, and cheese.
5. Brazilian Shrimp Stuffed Pumpkin from Adore Foods
If you're looking for something on the spicier side, this is the recipe for you. You can eat this straight from the pumpkin or put it over rice.
6. Roast Stuffed Pumpkin with Gingery Tomato Sauce from Nigella Lawson
This pumpkin is stuffed with jeweled rice and a gingery tomato sauce.
7. Roast Pumpkin with Cream, Thyme & Parmesan from BBC Good Food
This is probably the easiest stuffed pumpkin on the list. You only need six ingredients, including the pumpkin.
8. Stuffed Pumpkin with Cranberry-Raisin Bread Pudding from Southern Living
The only thing you need to know about this recipe is that it includes a lemon-vanilla sauce that sounds just about perfect.
9. Pumpkin Soup with Pumpkin Seed-Mint Pesto from Sunset
Pumpkin soup inside a pumpkin! Can't get better than that.
10. Baked Pumpkin Cheese Dip from Farm Flavor
For all you football fans out there, this cheese dip is for you.