10 Stylish Colanders for Every Berry
Here’s the dilemma: Those summer berries from the farmers market are drop-dead gorgeous, but your colander, by comparison, is looking utilitarian and drab. Not to worry, though — the solution is easy. Add a bit of style with strainers that do double duty, serving as both a functional dish for rinsing fruit as well as a beautiful serving piece. You’re berry welcome.
1. Mimira Colander, $18 from Anthropologie: This blue ombre piece beautifully contrasts with raspberries or strawberries.
2. Vermont Berry Colander, $80 from Peter Sheldon Ceramics: Raw on the outside with a white glaze on the inside, this rustic stoneware colander makes you feel like you’re washing berries in an old farmhouse.
3. Copper Colander, $10 from World Market: Affordable yet trendy with its two-tone finish, this metallic option adds shine to your kitchen.
4. Melamine Berry Colander, $6 from Williams-Sonoma: Durable melamine makes this small colander gentle on the berries.
5. Teal Berry Bowl, $48 from Etsy: This hand-thrown colander has a built-in plate underneath to prevent drips, making it ideal for serving.
6. Berry Box Colander, $6 from Crate & Barrel: Reminiscent of those cardboard berry boxes you see at farmers markets, these ceramic strainers make whimsical serving dishes.
7. Espera Nut Bowl, $395 from Anna New York by RabLabs: For the person who has everything, who doesn’t need a 24-karat gold-plated bowl with patterns inspired by sea fans? Although not technically a colander, it could certainly be used as one if you’re so inclined.
8. Golden Rabbit 1.5 Quart Colander, $39.99 from AllModern: The speckled black pattern on this enamel colander evokes a rustic cabin vibe.
9. White Berry Colander, $35 from Etsy: Perfectly sized for an individual serving of fruit, this lovely porcelain option was handcrafted in the Hudson Valley.
10. Kuhn Rikon Colapsible Colander, from $18 from Sur la Table: This cheery colander collapses for easy storage, making it ideal for small kitchens.