10 Gifts for Geeky Home Bakers
Home bakers know: The right tools make all the difference in the world. That’s what we had in mind when we put together this gift guide for the geeky (read: lovably enthusiastic!) home baker. From a bread-proofing bowl to a patterned rolling pin, these 10 gifts will make baking better, easier, prettier, and more delicious!
- Cake Tester, $5 from Minam: A full bunch of cake testers to keep right by the oven.
- Chocovision Mini Rev Chocolate Tempering Machine, $358 from Kerekes: Forget making their day — this chocolate temperer would make your favorite candy-maker’s whole YEAR.
- Dark Chocolate Ganache Sauce, $15 from Wayward Chocolat: The perfect indulgence to spoon over their baked creations.
- Hartstone Pottery Cookie Sheet Baking Stone, $39.95 from Chefs Catalog: Help them perfect their cookies with a uniformly baking clay stone.
- Handcarved Acacia Cake Stand, $32 to $58 from Anthropologie: Put those goodies on a pretty stand!
- Folk Art Springerle Rolling Pin, $94.95 from King Arthur Flour: This rolling pin is as much a piece of artwork as the beautiful cookies it helps to make!
- Mason Cash Round Unglazed Terracotta Banneton, $21 from Fante’s: Breads proofed in this form bake up with a beautiful ring pattern.
- Black Walnut Lame, $29.95 from King Arthur Flour: As one reviewer said, this is a “wee trophy” for bakers who turn out loaf after loaf and keep their families well-fed.
- KitchenAid Bowl Scraper Beater, $49.95 from Williams-Sonoma: Because there’s nothing more annoying to a baker than having to stop and scrape down the bowl.
- Egg Separator, $25 from Provisions by Food52: Definitely the prettiest, neatest way to separate eggs.