10 Snacks to Keep in Your Desk Drawer to Avoid Being Hangry at Work
The onset of fall brings with it a can-do attitude. Summer Fridays are a thing of the past, kids are back in school, and it’s time to buckle up and get down to business. To help you maintain your focus and avoid being hangry in a professional setting, we’ve rounded up 10 snacks to stash in your desk drawer. They’re basically guaranteed to help you make the transition from iced coffee to Pumpkin Spice Latte season with poise and dignity intact.
- Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn, $4 at Target: This sweet and savory snack will satisfy all your hangerings — er, hankerings.
- Cheddar Bunnies, $4 at Jet.com: A kid-friendly classic that will make you happier than you’d care to admit, Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies are basically the more respectable version of Goldfish. But you didn’t hear it from us.
- Organic Almonds, $10 at Lucky Vitamin: Packed with protein and fiber, almonds are a great way to enhance an afternoon. They’re also easy to mix in with salads — or handfuls of sweet & salty kettle corn.
- Nut-Free Trail Mix, $5 at Soap.com: This mix of sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, raisins, apples, cranberries, and chocolate chips would be just as good by the handful as it would be sprinkled atop Greek yogurt in the morning.
- Pretzel Crisps, $5 at Vitacost: Seasoned snackers know that Pretzel Crisps are where it’s at. With the perfect crunch available in a number of sweet and savory seasonings, they have the versatility to work as a standalone cracker or piled high with any manner of dips.
- Justin’s Peanut Butter Squeeze Packs, $7 at Amazon: These 1.15-ounce packs are available in eight delicious flavors total, so you can snack according to your mood.
- Back to Nature Fudge Mint Cookies, $5 at Jet.com: The layers of chocolate and hit of fresh mint make this the perfect flavor profile to help you transition from summer to fall. Plus, four of these bad boys total only 150 calories — not that anyone’s counting.
- Pumpkin Spice Cheerios, $3 at Target: What more do we need to say?
- Bark Thins, $6 at Target: These bark thins are 100 percent irresistible. If dark chocolate almond and sea salt doesn’t quite row your boat, they’re also available with pretzel, blueberry, and coconut — oh my!
- A Bucket of Twizzlers, $11 at Amazon: In the words of Missy Elliott, “Ain’t no shame ladies, do your thing.”